Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A very merry mix

Last night was the Duke Chorale Christmas Concert, an event which has quickly become one of my and John's favorite December traditions since moving to North Carolina. The Duke Chapel is just gorgeous, and the acoustics are unreal.


from Better Homes & Gardens

The concert definitely put me in the Christmas mood (despite the 70+ degree temps we've been having this week!), and so I thought I'd share my go-to Christmas playlist with you today. It has some old favorites ("Linus and Lucy," Ella Fitzgerald's "Sleigh Ride"), and some newer gems from Michael Buble and Dave Barnes. New or old, they're all festive and fun. The only favorite I couldn't add? "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Bruce Springsteen, which is possibly my favorite Christmas tune of all time (I don't think it's available on Spotify, sadly).

Listen here. And tell me: Do you have a jazzy Christmas favorite I should add to my list?

3 comments:

  1. I love Harry Connick Jr.'s "(It must've been ol) Santa Claus" definitely cheery and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to check out your list. I'm actually working on a project down at Duke right now, I had no idea you guys were so close, I would've looked you up last time I was down there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Charity -- I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!